best header options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blue95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Longtubes will be the best bang for your buck, and with the right setup, will have an awesome gain from off idle to up top.

GMstrong

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I understand this a late post but i have these headers on my truck,they are pacesetters as they are stamped on the side,They fit great matched right up to the down pipes,Had true dual 2 chambered mufflers but lost alot of bottem end so went with a ypipe to 1 muffler now the bottem is much better,Gave it a good hp/tq gain also.I picked these because i have emissions testing and wanted to keep the egr.The ebay headers are good if you want to delete the egr which i didnt.My truck is also a 2500 so i have less restrictve down pipes as the 1500's do.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
you only have to delete the egr if you have a 96 and up or vortec setup. Mine being tbi the egr is on the intake so you don't loose it by adding headers.

GMstrong

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Summit takes other brand name parts and sells it cheaper like the chambered muffler i bought from them turned out to be jones full boar FB2541

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yea they do it all the time, our last set of long tubes were flowtechs.

IMO if you don't have the vortec which is 96 and up, get the ebays, stainless doesn't rust and it uses no lower gaskets. It's also the same price or cheaper then black painted summit ones.