Best Cam for Vortex 350 with TBI

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

slowburb

all motor
Reaction score
I'd be looking hard at a ZZ4 cam for this build. It's 208/221 duration. Not too big, not too small, and the duration split is matched to the vortec heads very nicely. It's a roller cam, and can be found at a good price if you poke around for a while. I don't know who makes the jegs intakes, but do know the summit intakes are cast by weiand, and offer very similar performance to the equivalent Edelbrock pieces.

superdave

Proud NOOA Member
Reaction score
well what do you recommend? Id rather have a cam that will give me a good torque bump than a cam that is meant for high RPM horsepower.

Call one of the major cam company's tech lines and talk to the tech. They can help a lot. I would stay with a roller cam.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
id recommend the zz4 even less. calling most companys will give you a broad range of different answers. most manufacturers dont have a lick of first hand knowledge of tbi. i sugest looking at woody80z28s build. if i had any documented builds id direct you there but i dont.