Bed Liner on the frame

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

flyboy1294

Pro basket weaver
Reaction score
Even though I don't have a body lift, I can still see my frame some. I have it pretty dang clean (gas pressure washer + degreaser FTW), but there are a few patches that are somewhat rusty.

I have been thinking about putting some Heculiner or something similar on the frame to keep it from looking patchy. I have seen some members on here talk about it, but I am curious about the long term effects. Would it hold in moisture? I would be applying it with the cab and bed still attached, so obviously I would only be doing certain spots on the frame.

Another thing is that plasty dip that a few have been doing their rockers and wheels with. I wonder how that would hold up on the frame?

Are there any better alternatives? I do not want to spray paint it... not a big fan of anything in a rattle can.

93SierraWT

Greater Made Chevy
Reaction score
I imagine that bed liner would hold up a lot better than plasti-dip. Plasti-dip goes on almost like vinyl and you can peel it off.

flyboy1294

Pro basket weaver
Reaction score
I imagine that bed liner would hold up a lot better than plasti-dip. Plasti-dip goes on almost like vinyl and you can peel it off.

Would it hold in moisture though? And I would what kind of prep would be needed?

93SierraWT

Greater Made Chevy
Reaction score
Would it hold in moisture though? And I would what kind of prep would be needed?

I've never bedlined my frame, but when applying anything good surface prep always helps. I'd try and get as much grease, dirt and rust off as I could, and maybe scuff it up a bit. Bed liner holds up well on well prepped beds, so I can't see why it wouldn't hold up on a frame.