BDS 6” 1988 GMC K2500 long box ext cab

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rydpeterson

Reaction score
Hi All,
This is my first time posting. Tried searching for other posts related to this topic with no luck.

Was just gifted my grandpas truck and want to breath new life into it.

I’m looking to install the BDS 6” lift on 1988 GMC K2500 long box ext cab, but BDS warns that on the long box ext cab, that the driveline will interfere with the crossmember.
Has anyone performed this lift and relocated the cross member?

Any insight would be much appreciated! Thank you!

Nad_Yvalhosert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Dont see how. Increasing the distance between the rear axle and the frame will INCREASE the distance between the driveshaft and the x-member.
However, it's the front driveshaft and the exhaust y-pipe you need to concern yourself with.

rydpeterson

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply!

BDS’s reply to my email contained this:

“This kit will not work because the rear driveshaft will hit the crossmember.”

Has anyone seen pictures of what the modifications to the front drive shaft/exhaust would look like when done correctly?

thank you!

sweetk30

c3500-HD
Reaction score
just a side note here :

i use to do lift kit installs and BDS / ZONE OFFROAD / TUFF COUNTRY / SUPERLIFT was my top 4 brands . BDS and ZONE are the same company just top shelf or budget prices is the main basic difference and a few extra upgrades come in the bds over the zone kit .

i will NOT touch ROUGH COUNTRY kits . the last one i did they didnt include stuff all the other brands did and they down graded bolt sizes over stock in place of upgrading stuff for the extra loads . . . there stuff is cheepest for a reason and its funny how most of there kits last i looked were all about the same price point . . .

BDS / ZONE OFFROAD tech line is good people just call them and ask . . . . and the directions in the kits are NOT re-copied 20x over and hard to read . plus there directions are all on the site for each kit to read before you even buy a kit .

boy&hisdogs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I can vouch for Zone/BDS. I put the Zone 6" kit on my truck recently and the instructions were perfectly clear and helpful... they helped me decide I didn't want to do it alone on harbor freight jack stands in an uneven driveway. :Big Laugh:

I didn't have any reason to call customer service, but based on the quality of the parts and the instructions, they seem like decent people who speak English well enough to answer some questions.