Basic Tbi 5.7 Build Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GM01

Reaction score
There are things you can do but, they'll cost a little more than $1000. These heads are for your TBI intake bolt pattern. They flow better than Vortec heads for a few bucks more.
I've been looking at getting these heads but waiting for them to be back in stock, are these alone a solid upgrade?
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/edl-3704
Figured this intake would pair well too, don't wanna be using iron intake and aluminum heads.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Alot lower hanging fruit to be plucked than the cylinder heads on an otherwise stock engine. Its not hard to make over 300 hp with the stock TBI heads. Stock heads and stock cam I had one put down as much hp as a stock 5.7L vortec or even early 5.3L and more torque than either. I put down 208 rwhp and 304 rwtq down with a nearly stock internal 8.75:1 180 hp TBI 350. It had 1.6 full roller rockers and all external bolt-ons. Stock 810 heads and stock TBI cam. Performer rpm square bore intake with a 454 TBI on top, thorley tri-y headers into dual 2.5" exhaust with a X-pipe, 25% underdrive crank pulley and chip tuning. A mild cam swap to a factory GM LT4 cam netted 250 rwhp and 310 rwtq.

Last edited:

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been looking at getting these heads but waiting for them to be back in stock, are these alone a solid upgrade?
They were out of stock when I ordered mine too. They shipped when they came in - about the same date they said the heads would come in. I don't know how many they get at a time but, I wouldn't take a chance on losing out.

Figured this intake would pair well too, don't wanna be using iron intake and aluminum heads.
WHAT "iron intake"?
Yes, the OE TBI intake manifold is aluminum too but, the 3704 does flow better according to Edelbrock.

GM01

Reaction score
Yes, the OE TBI intake manifold is aluminum too but, the 3704 does flow better according to Edelbrock.
Tbh I never even bothered to check what the stock intake was made of lol, was repainted by previous owner with rattle can. But good to know about the ship time, guess I'll have to backorder now