Ball Joint Spacers VS Coils

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kamd90Chevy

Suthrn1
Reaction score
ok so my buddy bought a 93 c1500 and brought up a ? that i've seen on here off and on.

He wants to bring it up a bit, and i've seen the debate over the 2" kit from RC thats lift springs and ball joint spacers versus going to like 2500 or 3500 springs, what's the pros and cons here? i dont want him to install something that could be the demise of the truck

Last edited:

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
I just installed it and havn't been able to get an alignment. Go ahead and replace your TRE, Centerlink, Idler/pitman arm, etc...

Kamd90Chevy

Suthrn1
Reaction score
we have all that already, thats why he said lets lift now. why im trying to figure it out. btw your trucks lookin mighty fine since u started

phule

Back in a 400 again
Reaction score
Wether you go with the 2" kit or 3500 coils the bj spacer will help with the front end alignment.

Sent from a wannabe ipad

Kamd90Chevy

Suthrn1
Reaction score
so either way the spacers would be advised? id seen in a post they had a problem with breaking? anyone chime in on that....i tried finding the post but had no luck

phule

Back in a 400 again
Reaction score
I just had a coil spacer installed and after 95c1500 did his lift I started asking about bj spacers and they help get proper angles on the front end. I haven't realigned after I put them in but visually the front tires look woof better they had a little nev camber before and now they look great.

Sent from a wannabe ipad

Kamd90Chevy

Suthrn1
Reaction score
ok, if thats the case i'd like for him to buy the kit that way he gets shocks and everything. they wont be the greatest, but it all needs attention so it'll help for now. thanx man

phule

Back in a 400 again
Reaction score
Mines only lifted 2" and I love it. I just hated how low it was. Soon as I get my 32s it good for now. Granted I'm sure it will wearoff and ill want bigger but for now I'm level with a 4x4 plus the 15x10s give it a good stance

Sent from a wannabe ipad