Baffled on a 454SS and don't know where to begin..Starts, runs, shuts off, no restart

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well that leads me to believe its. Electrical. Have you done the distributor?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hmm. It might be the tps sensor like you said above.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SCOTTYINWV

si vis pacem, para bellum
Reaction score
Pull the icm and have it tested. Have them run the test 3 or 4 times because sometimes the fail point isn't reached until it is heated up.

77Impala

The Hauler
Reaction score
Pull the icm and have it tested. Have them run the test 3 or 4 times because sometimes the fail point isn't reached until it is heated up.

That reminds me of a 95 GMC Vandura I worked on about 5 years ago. It would stall out randomly and sometimes restart and other times not. But always restarted when we messed with the ICM. After fussing with it for 3 months we found a loose wire on one of the ICM connections. Had to pull it apart and fix the connector. After that never stalled out on us.

spistols

Reaction score
The problem, allegedly, was the Ignition Coil and the Ignition Control Module.

spistols

Reaction score
The problem, allegedly, was the Ignition Coil and the Ignition Control Module.

I used allegedly, because it is not fixed. What is happening now is that it cannot idle without stalling. Once we let off of the accelerator it stalls. Driving, it may sputter here or there, but it goes. However, at the light, I have to do the two step and keep the accelerator pressed down.

Could it be the Idle Air Control valve?

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
is it dripping or fanning still? needs to have a spray not a drip. take a video if you can or something. your issue might be injectors.

also sounds like your on the right track, if its clearing up while driving. you can usually get your iac tested i thought. also a tps could do that as well if its failing telling that computer its at a lower rpm than it really is.

you said it got better with the fliter change and pump change i thought so check the spray pattern on your injectors first then move onto your sensors.