Bad oil sample, noise, how bad is it Doc?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

m002922

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Last year I sent my oil sample out and found out I had a lot of coolant in it . . . replaced lower intake gaskets.

This year I sent it out and found out I still had some coolant (perhaps residual, though seems unlikely as I ran some oil through it and did a short interval oil change), as well as top end and bottom end metals (which weren't there last year). High aluminum, copper, chromium, lead, and silicon.

There's also a noise, which seems to be getting worse (though I'm also hyper sensitive about it at this point, but it's clearly there).

I'm pretty confident this isn't lifters, but take a listen and let me know what you think. Oil pressure is fine on startup and goes down to 20-30 at idle when warm. I'm running 5W-30. My number one valve spring is absolutely shooting oil out of the pushrod, which the other pushrods are not doing - I figured that in when I went in to check the rockers.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1DmFGH_SxwGPQqtcKmSftixexpFXLixwRoQ

Mule89

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well how many miles do you have on it? It sounds like it could be a lifter that has collapsed.

Last edited: