Back Window...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

alpinecrick

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Does anybody have suggestions where I can source a back window for my 96 ECSB at a reasonable price? I'm leaning towards a stationary window rather than a slider, but haven't ruled out a new slider.

I doubt many windows are made in the USA these days, but trying to avoid ChiCom manufacture.

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The American made glass like PPG or LOF is usually only sold through installers and it's difficult to get the glass outside that network.

You don't say what your plan is but by time you buy a couple tubes of urethane and the little bottle of primer for $30 your pretty close to the price of having it installed.

Find a guy that runs around and does the bodyshops in the area opposed to Safelight These trucks are getting old so I wouldn't surprise me to hear the back window is NLA in a USA glass.

alpinecrick

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The American made glass like PPG or LOF is usually only sold through installers and it's difficult to get the glass outside that network.

You don't say what your plan is but by time you buy a couple tubes of urethane and the little bottle of primer for $30 your pretty close to the price of having it installed.

Find a guy that runs around and does the bodyshops in the area opposed to Safelight These trucks are getting old so I wouldn't surprise me to hear the back window is NLA in a USA glass.

Yeah, after weighing the pros and cons and watching the guys at the auto glass shop install a GMT800 back window while waiting for my van windshield, I came to the conclusion I'll let the glass shop install it. It's just that they are going to charge me 3x more for the window so I thought I would buy it instead. But I would prefer a USA brand of glass. There are Mexico made back windows for $135 on ebay.

My understanding is the back interior plastic panels have to come off for a proper install, and to get the panels off the back seat has to come out. I thought I would do all that myself and this would be my opportunity to peel back the carpet and install new sound deadening in the back half of the truck. Plus I have a camper shell that will have to come off or more likely I'll just pull it back a couple feet so they can get at it.

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Talk to the glass guys. They might be able to get the same glass and /or ask them if they'll install a window you supplied.