back seat for 2 door tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eg30.06

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I bought a 2 door Tahoe with a trashed rear seat. Can't find any 2 doors for parts around here would a third row seat from a suburban work?

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
What's trashed on the one you have?

I don't have one around to check, so you'd have to measure the 2 seats to see if they are the same width & length.
If it's just the cover, you may be able to swap that with one from a Sub's 3rd seat. Easy to do.
I don't think that a direct swap of a complete seat is possible. Frame brackets & mounts are probably different.

eg30.06

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What's trashed on the one you have?

I don't have one around to check, so you'd have to measure the 2 seats to see if they are the same width & length.
If it's just the cover, you may be able to swap that with one from a Sub's 3rd seat. Easy to do.
I don't think that a direct swap of a complete seat is possible. Frame brackets & mounts are probably different.

The back seat was destroyed by the PO dog so it torn and stained. I got new cloth bucket seats for the front so I was looking for a rear cloth seat to match. I'll have to start looking at the junk yard and do some measuring

jrmbrown93

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a blue seat out of a 2 door tahoe I'm looking to sell

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Third row from a Suburban is unique to that body, it's way narrower as it sits between the wheelwells. Also has a very unique bracketry setup for hooking into the floor which is unlike any other seat setup in a truck, doesn't have anything close to a standard frame-to-bracket mount area. Very different from a Tahoe rear seat. I think you'd have better luck trying to make a Suburban MIDDLE row seat work, although they're pretty unique as well. The size/width of the back and bottoms are probably much closer to what you need, but the way they're split for folding might be a big problem. Or probably even simpler to try to use/adapt a rear seat from a 4dr Tahoe, has been too long since I've had both in front of me to compare.

Richard