back at it again with this 0411 crap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Check pins. As someone who did an 0411 and had a ton of issues right out of the gate, check your pins.
Check fuses as well, @Mangonesailor and I fought with my truck for a bit before he started looking at found I had a blown fuse causing MAF issues.
The EVAP circuit could be due to not having the proper inputs and outputs selected? My 96 came with EVAP codes disabled, if I were to keep that enabled I would've had to add in the EVAP system from a newer truck.

@Supercharged111, @Reluctanse, @L31MaxExpress anything else to add in or provide more explanation on?

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Check pins. As someone who did an 0411 and had a ton of issues right out of the gate, check your pins.
Check fuses as well, @Mangonesailor and I fought with my truck for a bit before he started looking at found I had a blown fuse causing MAF issues.
The EVAP circuit could be due to not having the proper inputs and outputs selected? My 96 came with EVAP codes disabled, if I were to keep that enabled I would've had to add in the EVAP system from a newer truck.

@Supercharged111, @Reluctanse, @L31MaxExpress anything else to add in or provide more explanation on?

Did these problems pop up immediately after a 411 swap? If so, do the above first and report back.

that97hoe

Reaction score
checked, and double checked, one blown fuse- ENG-1. double checked all the fuses in the under hood box and inside by the door. gonna replace that, yes i have a 97 which i was told needed to disable all that stuff or put the evap system from a 98 in but i thought i disabled the codes, gonna double check that too, sorry you guys im new to this lmao computer stuff

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I have a 411 in my 97 dually and kept the 97's evap setup, it's just the purge solenoid that you don't use IIRC.

that97hoe

Reaction score
so what to do with the evap should i have enabled and disabled? i’ve replaced the fuse haven’t turned it in to check because now i want to make sure i have the right stuff for the evap and whatnot.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
so what to do with the evap should i have enabled and disabled? i’ve replaced the fuse haven’t turned it in to check because now i want to make sure i have the right stuff for the evap and whatnot.
Assuming you have a 97, the cam sensor, crank sensor and MAF as well as a few other things all get power from Engine 1 fuse. If that was the blown fuse, you have two irrelevant to the engine running codes remaining. Fuel level sensor and canister vent are both something that are either not on the truck or not wired into the PCM on a 97.

When I put the P59 Green/Blue PCM in the van and test fired it juat to make sure it worked; it ran with like 10-12 codes. P59 has alot of extra things wired to it that are not needed to run the thing. Like an oil pressure sensor, fuel level sensor, canister vent valve, tachometer output (yep set a code for it not having a tach) and 02 sensor heaters. Select no error reported for that specific DTC, uncheck the SES flag on it and go.

Last edited:

that97hoe

Reaction score
i’m not sure if this makes a difference or not but my 0411, on the license information it says it’s a p01. another thing i feel like might be worth mentioning is the file my truck is flashed with seems to be 3500 express van. it was the only one i could find on the tune repository. yes the truck is a 97 tahoe. i replaced the fuse yesterday and haven’t started it up to check so far yet, in about an hour i’ll head out to do that. engine 1 fuse blew because i hadn’t taped the unused ignition feed wire back yet and i think it arced off on something blew the fuse. in hp tuners i have VATS off, PRNDL disabled, egr deleted, generator f $ L codes off, evap system control valve circuit is off, evap vent solenoid is off. the pin out file says to program for no fuel pressure sensor and i’m not quite sure how to do that. AGAIN- totally 100% not sure if have the right things disabled/enabled so i mentioned them all there. i never spliced into my trans wires so i didn’t do that. all your guys help is amazing thank you