AZ LOWEST STATIC 2DR

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I've had a bunch of dailys in the past that were nearly that low, static, and as Trio mentioned "my youth is in my rear view mirror" :Big Laugh: I dig them low but driving them anywhere around here (Houston) is a nightmare. I've bounced more air dams, crossmembers, tailpipes, frame rails, gas tank straps (!), and more off of crappy roads than I can recall.

My '54 Chevy 210 was so low that it ground the tailpipe off at an angle from driveway ramps (rear suspension had so many leafs pulled it sat on the bumpstops), and my '92 Chevy ECLB frequently dragged one of its gas tank straps on steep driveways. Couldn't keep a valance on that truck, and it was so long I had to be sure to pull all the way into a parking space; you knew you were "there" when the sway bar bushing brackets on the frame hit the parking stop and lifted the front of the truck. Yeah, I replaced a few of those over the years..

A big part of why our streets are so bad in Houston is that they are designed to be part of the storm drain system. It floods so easily here, but the water is meant to run off the land into the streets and down into the bayous, etc. Our streets are literally trash. I had taken this video a few weeks ago to demonstrate how bad the sharp bumps are on a particular path I take during work, explaining how I broke an oil pan on a car I was towing. :( Volume up, you can hear my wrecker beating itself to death on this street at a mere 20 MPH. That big oil slick down the middle of the street that appears in front of me at the 35 second mark or so is from the car I was towing the previous night. :mad:
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Richard

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Mustang has about a 4-5" ride height, and as our roads are getting worse there are a couple of intersections where I have to be aware and track around the ruts or my car high-centers. I think once the cop cars start high-centering the city will finally fix them.