Auxillary transmission filter, anybody tried it, thoughts??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

heavyjunk

Oh cool I can change this
Reaction score
I'm looking into putting an aux filter inline with the cooler, I've read somewhere that its a bad idea due to possibly restricting the lube circut, however I can no longer find the thread explaining it. Has anybody tried this or presently
running one?

Does anybody see any issues with running one? It's going on my 93 cclb 4L80E.

Thanks

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
I have installed a few in Customer's plow trucks, but never in my own. I guess it helps, they never complained

RyanMerrick

8 Lug
Reaction score
I'm sure it could help, but at the same time, it's one more part assembly that can fail on the vehicle.

That's how I look at it

rhino

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Metal in the transmission is not really a problem is the reason its not a common thing. A good working transmission just runs clean, no need for and extra filter. Some of the older ford units came with an inline filter that had to be installed in the cooler lines for warranty purpose, But like Ryan Merrick said, it's 2 more hose clamps that can come loose and give problems. The only unit I would consider it on is a dodge. They tend to put out metal constantly.