Attaching bed cover

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1500SS

^ Money pit
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I got a fiberglass bed cover today from work (LoPro i think?). It was on one of my coworker's 2003 GMC Sierra shortbed, and he left it sittin outside for 3 years so he didn't mind if I took it. Problem is, it doesn't have any of the mounting hardware and the mechanism to keep it closed (handle) is missing pieces so it won't stay shut. How can I mount it to the bed without the hardware, and any recommendations to keeping it closed? Im thinking of trying to fix the handle because the back covers the top of the tailgate so I can't make it lock inside the bed. Pics when i can. Thanks!

eck95z71

Hightech Redneck
Reaction score
Have you tried C-clamps like are used to hold a topper shell on? I dont know if it would work or not but it's worth a try.

1500SS

^ Money pit
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion. I ended up buying a different cover for 300, with no damage and everything I needed. Sometimes even something that's free isn't worth it, the other cover didn't even have the rails I would clamp to the bed :hmm:

Bigg G

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just so you know....

bed covers are normally held on with ratchet style C-Clamps and the handles are normally replaceable.
If you find who needs your old cover keep in mind that I have a set of clamps, lift struts and a few locking
handles with keys they can have for $30.00