Asking for engine-Savy advice!!! Help me!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

evilunclegrimace

Does not always play well with others
Reaction score
I will repeat myself! The faster the water circulates the more heat that gets removed. Cavitation at higher rpm is the problem, not the length of time the water stays in contact.

Repeat your self all you want, In these trucks cavitation is not a problem as they do not turn enough rpm's in normal use for cavitation to be an issue. In smaller displacement engines that turn higher rpms it can be a problem in poorly designed cooling systems. Cavitation occurs when a fluid undergoes a pressure drop, this most evident in diesel trucks as tests have shown for decades

Last edited:

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I can’t stop driving it. I have to get to work. I just carry 5 gal of water and leave in time to stop for 30 minutes.

Right now it could possibly be fixed. If you continue and it let's loose and fills a cylinder you'll be looking for a complete engine.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Marketing nonsense

Heat transfer is electron transfer. Uh, no.

Obviously physics do not apply on GMT400.com.

Do yourself a favor and research before you try to disclaim scientific proofs.

You must be registered for see images attach

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Repeat your self all you want, In these trucks cavitation is not a problem as they do not turn enough rpm's in normal use for cavitation to be an issue. In smaller displacement engines that turn higher rpms it can be a problem in poorly designed cooling systems. Cavitation occurs when a fluid undergoes a pressure drop, this most evident in diesel trucks as tests have shown for decades

It absolutely can be a problem. If the impellor does not work against a positive pressure it can and will cavitate. The thermostat is a slight restriction to flow that builds pressure even when fully open. Race cars and drag cars often use a restrictor ring to accomplish the same thing. Our factory water pumps are overdriven roughly 25%. That means at 5,000 rpm the pump is turning 6,250 rpm. The water pump is not a low speed device by any means.

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
from the selleris
Obviously physics do not apply on GMT400.com.

Do yourself a favor and research before you try to disclaim scientific proofs.

You must be registered for see images attach

From your first link.

"The fluid in your system transfers those electrons based principally on the source-sink differential and the exchange material's transfer rate"

Total f'in nonsense.

I understood fully thermal conduction. It's not a difficult concept.What you didn't understand is the sight from the seller you linked is wrong. The electrons, as you later found through your secondary research , don't go anywhere. What you still haven't figured out is none of your nonsense is helping the OP.

In the future please refrain from posting marketing bullshit as scientific fact.

Last edited:

evilunclegrimace

Reaction score
It absolutely can be a problem. If the impellor does not work against a positive pressure it can and will cavitate. The thermostat is a slight restriction to flow that builds pressure even when fully open. Race cars and drag cars often use a restrictor ring to accomplish the same thing. Our factory water pumps are overdriven roughly 25%. That means at 5,000 rpm the pump is turning 6,250 rpm. The water pump is not a low speed device by any means.

The percentage of time that the trucks see 5,000 rpm's is very small in "normal use". At highway speeds most off these trucks are not going to see 2,500 rpm's.

https://waterpumpu.com/blog-water-pump-cavitation-and-solutions/

evilunclegrimace

Reaction score

The percentage of time that the trucks see 5,000 rpm's is very small in "normal use". At highway speeds most off these trucks are not going to see 2,500 rpm's.

https://waterpumpu.com/blog-water-pump-cavitation-and-solutions/