Are wiring different on the interior between big block and small block trucks?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pro439

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the interior wiring harness are different between big block and small block trucks. I just got a dash and all the interior harness and it is not wired the same as the one I am taking out. It came outta a suburban with all the bells and whistles. While my truck has p/w and p/l and p/m it doesn’t have the overhead control or power amp or air bags. Any knowledge on this would be greatly appreciated

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Your kidding right? First is small block or big block diff' ? Well yes and no. Small block and big block same year, same model yes. But between Suburban and basic truck, uh probably not, definitely not. Different purpose, way different options, way different electric demands.
Did someone tell you they were the same. Or was it " eh, looks the same, pull it".
I would have checked the service manual first. I don't like doing things twice, I get plenty of practice fixing other people's mistakes.