Are these flares good enough?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The truth is brutal. Unsat. The end must be cutoff square, chamfer inner and outer edge. The tube holder clamp anvil
must fit and hold secure. Yours does not, as most cheap part store kits can do ok on copper and aluminum but not steel. That's experience, many years; practice, not good enough " do it again "; and patience," if I had a hammer....".
Yours has slipped, torqued out of alignment resulting in the flare " off square ".
Most likely: won't seal , trying to tighten it down to force a seal=stripped thread tube nut. Or crack flare end. Worst case scenario.
Is there a reason you could not purchase a premade brake line close to the length you need and a union?
Good luck. :waytogo:

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
Unless you spend well over $100, most flaring tools are pretty weak.

Yes they are but they are oh-so-worth-it!

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Careful, that one doesn't work on steel lines. I destroyed a cheap flaring tool on my Jaguar's steel lines. It was a brand new tool and I got two bubble flares done before the gripping threads stripped and it couldn't hold the steel lines tight enough to flare any more.

tpass

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yes they are but they are oh-so-worth-it!

Thats the one I use... perfect every time