Are all 88-98 lights the same

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
I know the side markers aren’t but are the lights and turn signal the same
Not entirely sure about the turn signal lenses under the headlights, but the headlights are the same as long as you have the composite style. The quad sealed beams can be fitted to the later models; there are threads on here that cover that.

89obsSB

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I know the side markers aren’t but are the lights and turn signal the same
I believe the tail light circuit boards are different. But lenses are the same. And front turn signal lenses might be slightly different. I think I ran into a problem with the bolt holes not lining up properly. Or that may have been some cheap aftermarkets. I can’t exactly remember.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
I believe the tail light circuit boards are different. But lenses are the same. And front turn signal lenses might be slightly different. I think I ran into a problem with the bolt holes not lining up properly. Or that may have been some cheap aftermarkets. I can’t exactly remember.
Some differences may be as you noted, due to the parts being aftermarket. The assemblies I have for taillights and headlights on my 99 Burb fit fine, but they're TYC/eagle eyes, sand that may be one of the better aftermarket brands ( at least the cheaper stuff. All 4 pieces cost less than $100. I haven't had any problems with them, except for the passenger side headlight getting water in it the one time and frying the bulb.
And I am in Houston, Texas where it rains frequently,and this Burb gets driven every day, rain or shine.