Ardent Fabrication Autocross Truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Odd way to go about it. I would like a Suburban rear bar for my 1500. Ardent which front bar are you going with? I want to upgrade the front bar on the dually too to help with the camper. Already did a Hellwig rear bar.

ArdentFab

Ardent Fabrication
Reaction score
Ardent which front bar are you going with? I want to upgrade the front bar on the dually too to help with the camper. Already did a Hellwig rear bar.

Currently, I have a stock front bar which, IIRC, is like 1 1/4" or 1 5/16" dia. Solid bar but I'd like to use the Belltech 5400 which is a 1 3/8" dia. solid bar.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Suburban bar on my blue truck.
3" heavy duty muffler clamps. H/D = heavier gauge/longer. Same method the aftermarket Co.'s use for trucks that don't have factory mounts. In between the shock mounts. One'll kinda-sorta face forward, the other towards the rear.
Suburban end links & frame brackets. 'Scuse the bushings. They've since been swapped for some urethane.
Need the Burb's nuts & bolts for the frame mounts. They have a tang on them that bumps up against the inner frame rails to prevent them from turning. Kinda like a fender bolt.
Have to drill 4 holes.
There is some geometry involved to mount them up correctly.

You must be registered for see images attach

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Sway bar science is a subject all unto itself. Solid, hollow, hollow/solid ends. how the different styles & diameters of each work in conjunction with various spring rates, along with compression & rebound characteristics of the shocks, all the while trying to meet the parameters of the intended end use of the vehicle. Strictly track. daily use with the occasional blast through the twisties, or a combination/compromise between the two
A person could drive themselves batty trying to apply the science to the intended application.

Last edited:

ArdentFab

Ardent Fabrication
Reaction score
Lol yup. One of my favorite quotes when it comes to performance is from a book called "THINK FAST" by Niel Roberts and it goes, "everything depends on everything".

What may work for one person and driving style, may or may not work for another. At the end of the day, the time does the talking. Theory and science aside, whoever has the fastest time, is the winner.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Lol yup. One of my favorite quotes when it comes to performance is from a book called "THINK FAST" by Niel Roberts and it goes, "everything depends on everything".

What may work for one person and driving style, may or may not work for another. At the end of the day, the time does the talking. Theory and science aside, whoever has the fastest time, is the winner.

You're mostly right. He who finishes in front wins. In the wheel to wheel world it's not always the fastest that wins, just the guy that got out front and managed to stay there. I'll tell you being in front is stressful enough, but being there and lacking speed is downright torture. Much less stressful to just check out, but then what fun would that be?

ArdentFab

Ardent Fabrication
Reaction score
Right, the driver is key.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Totally. A good driver can make garbage go fast, and a bad driver is a rolling road block in a good car. And that's just in the amateur world. I often wonder how much faster my car would be in the hands of a pro. Finding that out costs money. Lots of it.