Anyone using a Dynomax Ultraflo X?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

forty6and2

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know i dont have the X but i have the Ultra Flo welded dual in dual out, being dual in dual out im not sure if it uses the X deal or not.
but the sound of it is just lovely, makes my wife shake her head, makes your truck sounds like a truck! and a helluva lot less restriction over stock.

dont you hate it when someone doesnt directly answer your question..lol

Tony_SS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah! I want to know about those cats... my goal is to improve flow and I think the X helps that.. if I can get 1mpg more out of a free flowing exhaust system it'll be worth it to me.

Blue95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have THunderbolt cats on my truck, have had them for over 2 years and love them and they were only $35 a piece, on a stock engine any muffler is better then factory but with new cats and a new muffler you could see a 1 MPG gain easy.
I have heard nothing but good things about those mufflers and Dynomax as a company.

454SSguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You should def replace the cats. As far as the ultra flow, don't think of it as a muffler, just an xpipe. It really won't quiet it down much, if any. An x pipe will just equalize the back pressure and keep it from popping and crackling as much. btw I will be running this ultra flow x when i build my new exhaust this coming spring.

Tony_SS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I got the Dynomax ultraflow X. Now my exhaust shop wants to put on 2" factory pipe up to it. 2" duals on a 350?? I don't think so!

Tony_SS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have THunderbolt cats on my truck, have had them for over 2 years and love them and they were only $35 a piece, on a stock engine any muffler is better then factory but with new cats and a new muffler you could see a 1 MPG gain easy.
I have heard nothing but good things about those mufflers and Dynomax as a company.

You're in Union? I'm in Washington.. small world! Nice GMC btw..

Tony_SS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well, I got this muffler on my truck now... factory true duals to the dual in/out Ultra Flo X and the 2 pipes exit right after the rear pass tire. It sounds awesome.. low tone rumble, no drone and not overly loud. It might be in my head but the throttle response seems smoother... I hope to pick up a MPG with the less restrictive muffler.

Tony_SS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No way!? I go to school at SEMO but yes I live in Union, and thanks alot! what do you drive??

I'm driving this guy... I'm just got it not long ago so its still a work in progress..

You must be registered for see images