Anyone successfully replace the rear quarter seals themselves?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Just picked up my new (to me) 99 burb last week. She is in surprisingly great shape, but the interior has an odor of grandmas damp basement. Took it through a carwash and found passenger rear quarter window seal leaking. The entire seal if failing, chalky and part of the window is poking through. I have swapped window seals on cars before, but have also broken the glass while trying to do so. Has anyone done this themselves? If so, any tips, tricks or suggestions?

Also, IF the glass were to break, are replacements available?

Thanks in advance for any help.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I believe replacement glass is still available, but as far as I know the seals are attached to that glass from the factory. I don't think there's an easy way to replace just the seals, you have to do a whole new piece of glass.

Reaction score
Thanks for the info, did a little googling and found a few places that still sell replacements. And you are right, it appears they are integral to the window itself. Thanks again.

ty law

Reaction score
Thanks for the info, did a little googling and found a few places that still sell replacements. And you are right, it appears they are integral to the window itself. Thanks again.
i googled and can only find driver side can u post the link that says they have the pass side quarter glass
tia