Anyone put a Cam in their OBS? How hard is it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

6chevy9

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
so wait...you can run an lt1 cam? or an lt4? now is that just the cam that came stock in those motors? or a cam that is avaliable for those motors? im real confuesed with what i can and cant run. i have heard certain cams are too "hot" for fuel injected engines? anyone have some guidence?

daddy_dandy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sounds like you're trying to keep it simple. The production LT4 cams are pretty money in the L31s. Grab one from an LT4 vette. If you're looking for a little more pep, go ZZ3/4.

6chevy9

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
where could i get a zz3/4? like i mentioned i live close to my work and i want alot of pep dont care about economy. i want to do i big cam and willing to upgrade the everything involved with doing so. i have done cams in older chevys but not fuel injected

Mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Have a friend who has done many cams to help you. Make sure not to drop a lifter or any small parts

Sierra

In pieces!
Reaction score
where could i get a zz3/4? like i mentioned i live close to my work and i want alot of pep dont care about economy. i want to do i big cam and willing to upgrade the everything involved with doing so. i have done cams in older chevys but not fuel injected

I think the zz4 cam part number is 10185071. It is not labeled as a zz4 cam. It is labeled as a GM Performance Hydraulic Roller Camshaft. I may be wrong but I have been looking into cams myself and this what I came up with.

And they sell those at jegs or summit

6chevy9

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i think i found the cam i want now. it says i need headers a tune and some head work to run it. made by comp i have the number wrote down somwhere. im sure you can tune for this with the 411 and efi live right?