anyone open their headlights and modify them?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ShadowRejects

I drank the Kingpin koolaid
Reaction score
Seriously debating on taking my ebay clear headlights out and popping them open and maybe sticking some halos or something inside of them. But last thing i want is for them to build up condensation :chicken:

anyone?

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Acura TSX HID projectors in mine.

And yes, figuring out how to stop condensation afterwards is a biotch......

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Finally a response! do you have any pics? :hmm:

They just look like aftermarket headlights:

You must be registered for see images attach

I gutted the eBay crap bits and grafted in the acura goodness.

:waytogo:

If I had it to do again, I probably would have chosen the chrome style ones instead of black.

I chose the black because I didn't know how much altering I would have to do and the black would have been easy to touch up. Turned out the TSX projector lenses fit the face plate diameter perfectly. The rest of the housing is hacked to within an inch of its life to get the projector's housing in it. There's also some rad panel cutting required because of the TSX's length.

This was all done from the back, so I didn't have to heat and pry off the lenses.

I don't like halo's or other "bling bling" lights so there are none.

:)

Last edited:

tannerolland

Reaction score
Protuninglabs.com sales them with the halos for really cheap just don't expect instructions lol but I figured it out and installed them on my 98 rado

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1385737513070.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1385737513070.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 32

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
It looks really good. I like it alot

Looks better at night. Daytime I'm not so happy with. Not a fan of the "blacked out" look.

Throws light further than any set I've ever had and the OEM HID's on my 300M are pretty damned good!

It's the Acura TSX housings and lenses that do it. My 300M has a Fresnel lens and the Acura's are crystal clear. TSX projectors are know to be pretty darned good no matter how you slice it. I made sure when I bought them I got the Acura clear lenses since they also come in Fresnel.

:)