Anyone knows what this looks like?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well it was between this one and an ls1 out of a z28 that had a spun bearing for my project

Problem2420

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
keep it! its different and im sure something can be done! i would have picked it up for 200 !!! 366 ss!

Tempted

Banned
Reaction score
Even with the spun bearing

Taken care of with a simple and cheap line hone. While you're at it you can replace the bearings with higher quality ones, have the crank balanced and add oil squirters. The LS will give you infinite possibilities for power, economy, drive-ability and unsurpassed reliability. They are also one of the most supported engines on the planet by aftermarket parts suppliers. They are 6 bolt mains, very light and can handle 1,000hp with the right mods. Perfect for nitrous and boosted applications. They are also easy to find if you ever do have a catastrophic failure and the prices are going down by the day for good used ones. You can use any transmission that bolts to a gen 1 small block, the late model LT1/4 engines and all LS engines(car, truck, van, SUV). Just a superior motor all the way around.

Balzer

and Mean Girl *truck*
Reaction score
Tempted is correct, well sort of. It is, as is a heavy low RPM low HP engine. However it is a tall deck big block any big block tricks would work on it. Its a tall deck so it can be stroked big time. The only problem is it has a tiny bore, smaller than a 350 small block and unfourtunatly it cannot be bored as much as you would think. As with any big block .120 over bore is the max safe amount. However this gives you an uncommon bore you cant get pistons for (4.055") *a 396 bore is 4.094"* You could stroke it to 4.5 but then you have a bigger stroke than you do bore. That doesnt do well for performance.

Pass on this and any other 366 you come across. It just costs too much to do much with these engines.

Had to edit my own info LMFAO

EDIT AGAIN: It seams to me that there is something about the crank being different on 366's too but I could be wrong. Maybe it had smaller than normal BBC main journals or maybe it was only 2 bolt mains or something to that effect????

Last edited:

Chris

OBS Fallen One
Reaction score
LOLOLOLOL. It'd make a good boat anchor. Other than that it's a colossal waste of time and money.

badazzbulldog

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
like all said above it is a useless motor cant do anything with it performance wise it was most common in c60 c70 cab and chassis for dump trucks most of the local hiway departmants had those back in the day in my area