Anybody tried one of these?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

orangeastre

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The only thing to check is make sure you have no radio stations near the bands that it gives you. That is just an FM modulator, nothing new or exotic there. Personally I would head to your local car stereo shop and pick up a name brand piece. Then you know what you are getting. You will also need a couple of antenna adapters. One to go from Motorola to standard, one from standard back to Motorola.

96-1500

Bluenoser
Reaction score
Def let us know how it works out. Looks like a good idea in theory.

Awesome, maybe a write up?

this thing looks pretty legit... id love to hear how well it works once you get If, if you decided to get it.

If I end up pulling the trigger, I'll be sure to post the results!

What year truck? My buddy had a monsoon grand prix stereo in his 97 and it looked decent then you would get a cd player too

See first post:
...TRUCK:
1994 GMC, just the factory am/fm radio, no tape deck...

The only thing to check is make sure you have no radio stations near the bands that it gives you. That is just an FM modulator, nothing new or exotic there. Personally I would head to your local car stereo shop and pick up a name brand piece. Then you know what you are getting. You will also need a couple of antenna adapters. One to go from Motorola to standard, one from standard back to Motorola.

Understood. Thanks for pointing that out.

This would work too and you would not need to deal with "bleed" from other stations:

http://www.gmt400.com/forum/showthread.php?19788-88-94-aux-input-for-stock-radio

Just another option to keep the stock look.

I may be interested. I'm not sure my stereo is like that though. I'll have to check.

t93k2500

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
reading about amps and resistors and blah blah blah just makes my head hurt. I'm not smart enough to figure it out without detailed step-by-step instructions, which I haven't found.

If that was in response to this,

http://www.gmt400.com/forum/showthread.php?18056-88-94-AUX-Input-How-To

than I am sorry it is not detailed enough, as I'm not the best at explaining things. However, for $45 shipped I can build one. It sure as hell can't compete price wise with the Chinese one, but I believe that if your radio control box has provisions for tape input, it will work with higher quality sound than any FM modulator.