Anybody got a set of old bushings lying around?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I had my old bushings pressed off of my control arms (upper and lower, both sides) in order to put in the Energy Suspension stuff, and then realized that you need the old sleeves. Rather than buy another set of bushings just to burn them out, does anyone have any lying around they would part with if I pay the shipping? Or, if anyone knows of where you can buy just the sleeves, that'd be great as well.

Thanks!

Scott
1996 GMC SL 4x4 5.7l

Rekeever

Reaction score
Actually I might still have my old bushings laying around the shop I'll take a look around. It was just the uppers though.

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If memory serves me right you dont reuse the factory lower ones anyways, its just the upper outer sleeve in inner slever. Just be sure that the inner sleeves are not corroded/rust away any, if so they will ruin your new bushings in no time.

Reaction score
If memory serves me right you dont reuse the factory lower ones anyways, its just the upper outer sleeve in inner slever. Just be sure that the inner sleeves are not corroded/rust away any, if so they will ruin your new bushings in no time.

I'll look at it this weekend again, I went ahead and ordered another set of bushings...from looking at it, it doesn't look like any of the Energy Suspension bushings fit without the sleeves?

Rekeever

Reaction score
My bushing were shot, if rust could compromise the new bushing. I would just go with the new ones anyway.