Antifreeze Pouring Out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bradenchu

Reaction score
The other day I noticed my reservoir was low on coolant, so I filled it up and never thought much of it. This afternoon I noticed a little puddle on the ground and after I drove it home 15 minutes when I parked and shut the truck off there was coolant pouring out off the frame. The Frame a-arms wheel wells and so on were soaked on the drivers side. It was dark so I couldn't check much but the rad was still full and same with the holding tank. The main rad hose was pressurised and I don't think the rad is leaking. Has anyone had any problems like this or know where I should start looking?

badazzbulldog

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
temp sensor in the cylinder head? freeze plug in side of block? radiator leaking under pressure? intake gaskets?

95chev

Fear the Deere
Reaction score
The other day I noticed my reservoir was low on coolant, so I filled it up and never thought much of it. This afternoon I noticed a little puddle on the ground and after I drove it home 15 minutes when I parked and shut the truck off there was coolant pouring out off the frame. The Frame a-arms wheel wells and so on were soaked on the drivers side. It was dark so I couldn't check much but the rad was still full and same with the holding tank. The main rad hose was pressurised and I don't think the rad is leaking. Has anyone had any problems like this or know where I should start looking?

Sounds a lot like the temp sensor in the head on the drivers side

Bradenchu

Reaction score
The temp sensor crossed my mind, not 100% on the freeze plug id have to check but im sure its good, rad leaking under pressure could be another possibility but wouldn't it drain the rad and holding tank with it? same goes for the intake gasket id have to look at that to. Standing beside the truck and keeping it steady at 2500 rpms i cannot noting any coolant coming out anywhere.

95chev

Fear the Deere
Reaction score
You could always rent a pressure tester from the parts store and that will tell you if the rad is leaking, check around the intake for any wet spots, usually a bad intake gasket will cause a high pitch squealing or whistling sound but not always, rad drain plug is also on the driver side make sure its tight, check the water pump gaskets, and if its none of these things then i would say it has to be the sensor or a freeze plug

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
Best thing to do is pressure test it. If it's pouring out someplace, it will cause an bigger issue later on

Bradenchu

Reaction score
Pulled my fan shroud off and pressure tested it this evening, turns out the plastic along side of the rad is cracked and antifreeze is seeping out of it. Guess its time for a new one!

95chev

Fear the Deere
Reaction score
Pulled my fan shroud off and pressure tested it this evening, turns out the plastic along side of the rad is cracked and antifreeze is seeping out of it. Guess its time for a new one!

Get a rad with a lifetime warranty, replaced mine cause one of the tanks was cracked, then the new one got a pin hole int the other tank so had to replace that a year later but it was under warranty