Antifreeze leak im stumped

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

copernicusd

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
when my truck first started leaking coolant, sometimes the oil would look milky, sometimes it would be fine, almost thought everything was ok, that i was just getting moisture in the somehow, but its slowly gotten worse

TruckinAin4Sissies

L.E.D. Whisperer
Reaction score
Mine is leaking from the very front on the manifold. Take a flash light and peer down by the EGR, as well as all around it.

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
For some reason most that I've done are leaking around #8 intake and putting small amounts of coolant into the runner.

Hezsus

Mr. Truck
Reaction score
I had a leak i couldnt find, I dumped a 20$ bottle of iron tite in it and its been fine for over a year. the same trick has worked on 3 cars now. not sure if it will work on the in laws aztec thats leaking coolant into the oil?

98 gmc 4x4

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach
Ok so i checked every thing back out again, took my upper fan shroud off looked all around the radiator and everything was dry checked all around the water pump every thing dry there. I opened my radiator and the fluid was right to the top. If its right to the top i dont have to worry right? Also if my intake manifold gasket was leaking wouldnt my oil level rize? But if its leaking and going right out my exhaust i would have white smoke right? Also if my radiator is full and its just below my cold line on the one side of the tank when the engine is cold i have nothing to worry about? I must of found my leak the last time i checked everything out i had a loose hose. So am i good or am i just over reacting, just trying to catch the little things before they turn into bigger problems. THank you for all your help guys

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Typically on a vortec when the intake leak's the oil level does not rise, nor does the oil become milky, the antifreeze that is leaking is being sucked right in to the combustion chamber and mostly evaporates, once in a while you will see some extra steam in the exhaust, but no alway's, I had an intake that leaked on our vortec burb, and it had no visible signs except that the overflow tank would go empty.