Another stupid exhaust thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95obschevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Im currently running the factory exhaust set up. I want to switch to a dual exhaust set up and am looking for opinions on what muffler to run. Im going to go with a single in dual out muffler of some kind. Im going to keep the factory cat for now. Anyone have suggestions on what muffler i should run with this set up thats not going to drone or cackle and pop alot? Also i want to add that im not looking to make it a real loud set up. thanks guys.

Fobroader

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I had a series 50 Flowmaster in my 93. It was perfect, nice rumble at idle, quiet at cruise and a throaty and aggresive sound at WOT. I loved it.

Playare

Enter Custom User Title:
Reaction score
I've heard good things about Thrush. Look them up on Amazon, you can't beat the price.

95obschevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks for the input guys, ive heard thrush and flowmaster dont flow very well but how much should i really read into that? Would you really notice the difference between a flowmaster and a magnaflow on your truck performancewise?? Also trying to decide weather to body lift my truck or just keep stock height. I want to decide on it before i get the exhaust done so i dont have to mess with bringing the pipes up. Any opinions??

95obschevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah suspension lifts are alot of $$$ and Id just lift for looks so thats out. as far as exhaust goes i think im going to go with the 50 series flowmaster like you mentioned. Roommate has had it and it sounds pretty mean. Thanks for helping me out.

LoudnLifted88

Small Block Grim Reaper
Reaction score
Yeah suspension lifts are alot of $$$ and Id just lift for looks so thats out. as far as exhaust goes i think im going to go with the 50 series flowmaster like you mentioned. Roommate has had it and it sounds pretty mean. Thanks for helping me out.

i just bought a flowmaster 40 for my 98 is going to the exhaust shop wednesday to be installed best bet is watch youtube i kno it doesnt sound as great but it may be helpful

Fobroader

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i just bought a flowmaster 40 for my 98 is going to the exhaust shop wednesday to be installed best bet is watch youtube i kno it doesnt sound as great but it may be helpful
^^^ this, but only if you have good speakers and sound card. Sounds like **** at my house, but my buddy has some fancy 7 speaker, $500+ sound sytem for his computer, the exhaust systems sounded great at his house.