Another efan question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nate3531

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Don't shoot me, I did research first, but my question is, in this kit http://www.jegs.com/i/JEGS-Performance-Products/555/10560/10002/-1?parentProductId= where do I install the thermostat switch? It says in the intake or head. It appears I have a thermostat switch in my intake already and I don't know where to look on the head for a spot to install it.

I can take picutres of my truck engine but I figure anyone that can answer the question already knows what it looks like. Basically I have a basic 350 TBI center bolt valve cover engine with serpentine drive. I had to change the radiator on my truck and the PO did not use a switch I can figure out how to reuse. I will post pics of the switch I have and maybe somone can tell me how to test it and reuse it.

thanks ahead of time.

nate3531

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Here is the switch I have, suggestions on how to test it, and then how to mount it would be greatly appreciated.

SAATR

/\___/\___/\___/\___/\
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Look up a radiator fan switch and radiator fan switch connector for an '87 5.7L Camaro on RockAuto or your favorite parts vendor. On the exhaust side of both cylinder heads you will find a port with a pipe plug in it. Should be between the cylinder 1 and 3 exhaust ports on the driver side and between 6 and 8 on the passenger side. Pull the plug out and the switch will screw into either port. I think that the switch is normally open and closes at the specified temperature, which will probably be between 210 and 230 degrees. Use that on the control side of a standard relay and you're golden.

nate3531

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Awesome, so I would need to swap to a 195 tstat? Also, on wiring, 30 = 12v batt, 87 = 12v ign, 86 = this switch, 85 = ground is that correct?

That is a whopping $12 in my cart on rockauto :D

SAATR

/\___/\___/\___/\___/\
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No, you'll want switched power to terminal 86 and the temperature switch on terminal 85. It's controlling the relay on the ground side rather than the power side.

MattZ

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Here is the switch I have, suggestions on how to test it, and then how to mount it would be greatly appreciated.[/QUOTE

That looks like the type of switch that you stick through the fins of the radiator. It is held in place with a clip. I would not use it, I don't like the idea of it rubbing or vibrating on the tubes or fins of the radiator