Amp Power Wire

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

93SierraWT

Greater Made Chevy
Reaction score
Where is the easiest place to run the power wire for an amp through the firewall on an OBS? It's a 93 with a TBI, just thought I'd throw that out incase the holes in the firewall were different with the Vortecs.

Reaction score
Ran mine between the main harness going thru the firewall and the steering column. Central location for it, check inside and out before you drill--just sayin lol!

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
Yup. Straight behind the emergency brake, near the fuses is best.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
The PO of mine drilled a hole in the firewall on the passenger side below and to the right of the coolant reservoir and out a rubber grommet in it. Very easy place to get to under the hood and in the truck.

1low95GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The PO of mine drilled a hole in the firewall on the passenger side below and to the right of the coolant reservoir and out a rubber grommet in it. Very easy place to get to under the hood and in the truck.
i ran mine along the frame and up through the cab floor, there was a hole where the storage box used to be

Pierced

Allen AKA BargainJoe
Reaction score
In my 93 its run down the passenger side through the hole where the antennae lead goes through. You might pick up some noise on the radio though I dont use the radio in mine so that was not an issue for me.

93SierraWT

Greater Made Chevy
Reaction score
In my 93 its run down the passenger side through the hole where the antennae lead goes through. You might pick up some noise on the radio though I dont use the radio in mine so that was not an issue for me.

That's where I ended up running mine through.