Am I doing this right?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
It's been several years since I've looked, so I could be mis-remembering, or maybe the situation has just changed.
The oil pressure, volts, and alt gauge motors are a lot less, and also easier to find. When I swapped my cluster for the Denali cluster I now have, a member picked it up for me. The motors for the oil, alt, temp, and fuel were all not in the best shape. So I figured, well it's all good, I just swapped in my old gauge motors, and that was fine, but I did have to put some diff oil in the fuel gauge motor. At the same time, I went a head and repaired the other fuel gauge motor. The first one lasted for several months, but started acting up again. I swapped it out for the other one I repaired. At first, the fuel gauge didn't bounce at all, but in time, it became looser. It's still ok, just not as tight as it was at first. Now, at about 1/2 a tank, the needle will bound around some. Maybe 1/4 a tank in ether direction, but will settle out once the truck stops bouncing around. I can live with that.