alternator wiring

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AuroraGirl

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Given a choice, I would not use a "fuse" (or circuit breaker) of any sort in the alternator output cable. GM protects that cable with fusible link wire, which withstands short-term overloads that would pop a fuse or circuit breaker.

When that cable "opens"--the fuse, circuit breaker, or fusible link goes "****", the voltage spike may kill the diodes in the alternator. Clearly, you don't want that cable to open unless it REALLY needs to. [Really? "Po of" is a banned word?]

For many years--decades, even--GM did not provide any sort of protection on that cable.
my 99 park avenue, same with 97-05, do not use anything on the charge wire. Im not sure why but i figure they must have figured something out somewhere

thegawd

I'm Done!
Reaction score
cuz were all children and it's a ****** V-U-L-G-A-R word...

yes you are correct, we are being ridiculously censored of words. more so than I have ever encountered in my life. Some of these words are also peoples names and it's a complete load of ******** B-U-L-L-S-H-Ì-T!

I run a forum as well that is absolutely family friendly with actual children users and we only have 3 words censored! If someone types any of the 3 words a censored smiley replaces it.

there was an 800 word censorship program installed on the board for some absurd reason.

I know extremely religious people who have ***** P-O-T-T-Y mouths, curse like a sailor and laugh there ***** A-S-S-E-S off at ****** S-E-X-U-A-L innuendos and then go to church on sunday, and some even stand in front of everyone!

yup its ridiculous.

Last edited:

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
Wow!, Lots of excellent info in this thread! I wish there was a way to tag some of these threads for future reference because the search feature sucks.

thegawd

I'm Done!
Reaction score
Hey Rich theres is a tonne of great info for sure!

I'm not entirely sure what this little bookmark thingy does but it looks like it will bookmark a post... let's see how this works and where it goes...

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

thegawd

I'm Done!
Reaction score
Man that pic above looks confusing! LOL

the bookmark is listed under our avatar up top. click on it and we have 2 options, your settings and bookmarks. click on your bookmark and it will take you to the 'post' you bookmarked inside a thread.

So it's quite convenient because we dont have to read all the way through the entire post to find the info we are looking for.

Of course this is from a mobile phone. I'll have to see what desktop mode looks like.

apparantly I had a few bookmarks but they must have been accidental.

Last edited:

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It is exactly the same from a computer.
I'm running Firefox on my laptop, I click on the star, it shows what the name of the bookmark will be and I can change it to whatever makes more sense to me if I want.

Then I keep the "Bookmarks" column pinned on the left. HTH