all you electric fan users

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

biggs

Reaction score
i've got a 95 4dr. tahoe and i see that a lot of you are running an electric fan. is there any particular setup your using or just a mix of parts.
i plow with it and the mechanical fan just isnt keeping up like i hoped it would. any help is appreciated

Jon87transam

Reaction score
on my big block burban, i run 2 14" staggered up and down to fit. i know the BB radiator is bigger, prolly won't be able to run 14"s on a SB. i use an adjustable controller with relay setup. it uses a probe in radiator and has a small knob to adjust the temp to turn on. i didn't trust the one relay to run both fans, so i i split the 12v positive output and used that to signal 2 seperate relays that actually run the fans. that way there is no actual load on the thermostat, and if a relay quits, you only lose one fan. the controller also has a 12v positive input that you can use to manually turn them on. i used that for the A/C, although you must use a signal that stays hot at all times A/C is on. if you use a signal wire that cycles with the compressor, the fans will also cycle. i then wanted an override switch on the dash, so i again tapped into the 12v signal wire on the thermostat from a toggle i mounted in the dash. i had to use a diode on the a/c side though, if you don't, you'll turn on the a/c system when you hit the override. confusing, i know, but it's worked flawlessley for almost 2 years.

squeaky3

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i got my fan setup from a user on fsc that went back to the stock style setup for some reason

it came with 2 14" fans, derale relay setup

i havent put it in but i do have the link to the guy i got them from who did a writeup on his truck with this setup