Airbag light on after bumping on/off switch?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

93M6Formula

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi all, i'm new here and got a question...

Yesterday I was detailing my '98 silverado and I started pulling off the gauge bezel and unhooking the headlight switch, cargo lamp, etc so I could take it off.

Well I noticed the passenger airbag switch had that little pin in the connector so that it's not easily removed. I got kinda scared about unplugging it so I stopped and just put eveything back together for fear of setting off the bags.

Well I got done cleaning the truck and now I noticed my airbag light is on and the switch doesn't glow orange anymore?
What could I have done to make that happen? I didn't mess with it too bad to break it I don't think? Where can I get a different one? I know GM doesn't have it anymore.

Also, does unplugging this effect anything? My airbags wont blow will they? Just dont want a bruised face while driving lol.

Thanks!

JonZ71

Right Meow
Reaction score
make sure plug is seated correctly. and the airbags will not go off if you disconnect it.