Air Intakes?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SilveradoGuy85

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
your posted summed it up. i was already leaning towards k&n now im set, thanks. and yes i do have exhaust work done to my truck and a programmer with a k&n drop in atm.

You must be registered for see images attach

That's what mine look like. Like I said, I don't mind the top being open since it's sealed against the hood. It's also great in case I'm able to get a functional cowl induction hood so it will already be open to the hood where with a stock box you'd have to cut a hole in the lid or take the lid off. Also you see how close the filter is to the fender so I'm not exactly worried about it being sealed to the fender. Wouldn't be a bad thing if it was, but as I said before I don't think it's a big enough deal.

Oh and they have great customer service. The weather stripping on the top of the box that seals against the hood tore once where it was handing off the box. Well I called and they sent me another piece of weather stripping at no cost, not even for shipping.

dr_goodwrench66

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another vote for Volant. It's a real cold air intake thats sealed off from engine heat.

LessThenStellar

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cost almost nothing.

Last edited:

Ruger_556

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You guys know that the factory intake pulls from the fender right? It turns into a cold air intake by deleting the pre-heater hose...

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
but the box that comes from the factory near the fender is more restrictive than a straight through design...

tscherbi

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Go Volant, k&n is garbage, ask me how I know! I have one, it fits like crap, I don't like how it clamps to the throttle body, it rubs on the under hood fiber noise thingy, its mounting is sub par to the inner fender well. The only cool thing is that its loud when I stand on it, you can hear it suck!!

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
Go Volant, k&n is garbage, ask me how I know! I have one, it fits like crap, I don't like how it clamps to the throttle body, it rubs on the under hood fiber noise thingy, its mounting is sub par to the inner fender well. The only cool thing is that its loud when I stand on it, you can hear it suck!!

My airaid does the same thing, I had to double up the tb gaskets to make it seal.
It has a larger k&n filter on it.