Air Con Re-Charge

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mjleg

Ya...I Like Trucks
Reaction score
Anyone done the air conditioning re charge? What products did you use? There are two access ports clearly visable on the left side of the engine bay near the a/c unit. Which one is the high pressure line and which one is the low pressure line? Thanks guys.

Butch

I'm awesomeR!
Reaction score
I'm not sure on a TBI but we did this to my sisters vortec with a can from AutoZone, the one with the regulator on it, did good but if your real low you'll need 2 cans.

Sierra

In pieces!
Reaction score
the low pressure port is the one near the dryer. the high pressure is the port near the compressor.

dcZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yeah hook it to the port pointing at you not the one pointing up

mjleg

Ya...I Like Trucks
Reaction score
Cool thanks guys. I might snap a pic and post it up to verify.

4x4chevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I recharge my ac on my 94 tbi on the top one near the dyrer ,this is were you recharge just make sure you have the right freeon.On my old chevy which was a 89 used the r12a not the new stuff and it was a nightmare to convert over.

mjleg

Ya...I Like Trucks
Reaction score
Okay so here is a picture. This would be like you were standing infront of your grill looking at the left side of the engine. It is the 5L v8.

There are two access points that I can see. Now is it the top one, or the bottom one I re-charge? The top one is bigger pipe then the bottom one... Sorry guys I have never done anything with an A/C system before.

attachment.php

Oh, and isn't it filthy...

Sierra

In pieces!
Reaction score
Follow the tube coming out of the dryer (the dryer is the canister mounted to the firewall next to the overflow tank). It bends down and the first port you come to is the low pressure side. This is where you will want connect your recharge to. The two ports are different sizes so if you use a recharge kit you are not going to be able to connect to the high side anyway. I am assuming this is for your 95 which uses 134a refrigerant. Check the top of the dryer, it will say which freon to use. If by change it's R12 then the ports will be different all together and good luck finding r12.

mjleg

Ya...I Like Trucks
Reaction score
It is the 134A kit. So it is the red one I outlined. good stuff. Thanks guys