Ahh F&$@! Just got lucky.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

90chevstepside

iPhone Repair Tech!
Reaction score
Was goin down main street and heard a pop and rear started shakin, I thought agh $&it, there goes the rear end. Well got into a parkin lot and heard another small pop and heard the drive shaft hit the ground. Glad I wasn't goin down the highway when it happened. Here's the damage:
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

No damage to anything, just a new u-joint and a little elbow grease. Could have been much worse

eck95z71

Hightech Redneck
Reaction score
Damn u got lucky. I had mine drop goin down the insterstate and everything got torn up but luckily it missed the gas tank.

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
Could have been worse than just worse! You could have rolled the truck or been injured. Glad it's an easy fix for you.

90chevstepside

iPhone Repair Tech!
Reaction score
Yeah. It could have been VERY bad. But yeah wasn't too bad of a fix

What gets me is that usually a u-joint will start chatterin a few days before you loose them, but not this one. Just a big pop. :nono:

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
While you're thinking about it, you should get a carrier and mount about a foot behind your front u-joint. To be extra safe, you can get a carrier for the rear of driveshaft that mounts to your differential cover bolts and catches your driveshaft in case the rear snaps. You can never be too safe man, glad you and the truck are okay.

jdyates

Ghetto Racetruck
Reaction score
Thank god that didn't happen on the freeway! Also glad its not serious and no one was hurt. Me, being the n00b teenager that i am, would've thought "Meh, its just an old truck.", then WHAM watch that thing catch a pothole!

90chevstepside

iPhone Repair Tech!
Reaction score
Lol yeah. I'm 19. I grew up around camaros, vettes, and novas. I've had my truck for two years now and I've learned the ins and outs of an "old" truck and what noises are bad, but I think you'd notice this. A drive shaft fallin=no drive lol

I'm building an lt1 for my camaro as I'm typin this

90chevstepside

iPhone Repair Tech!
Reaction score
Haha yeah. But it be a real laugh when you pull into a Parkin lot and stop and put it in park and she keeps rollin' when you step out of the truck. I reached in an locked up the parking brake (no offense to anyone here) but right as I did that an elderly black lady drove by screamin "yo pole thing fell out!". Lol