Advice For New Wheels For 97 Tahoe 4X4.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wirlybird

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hi all,
My 97 Tahoe LT 4X4 has the stick wheels on it. I am thinking to go to one of the newer Chevy wheels. My concern is the size differences and any potential issues.
The truck drives and handle excellent now so I have always been leery of changing the rims out.
Here is a picture of the truck (330,000 miles on it !).
Below are two rims I like the look of.

Thank you for any advice on possibly doing this swap.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

slow_c1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Personally I kinda like the stock sawblade wheels, but if you wanted to change to newer stocks you should be fine, people do it all the time. As long as the wheel offset and tire size is similar to what’s on it right now, they should fit good and not rub. If you wanted to be absolutely sure, you could check the gallery on customoffsets.com, put in the tire and wheel and lift size, and it will tell you if you need to trim or not.

Last edited:

slow_c1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah same here I like the old school look on these trucks. 6” lift, 32s, and 15” bullet holes are in my trucks future.

OP, if I was in your position I would change to bullet hole wheels or something old school like that. Those would likely be cheaper than new stocks, and look better IMO. Plus you could reuse your current tires if you get 16s.

Last edited:

wirlybird

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah same here I like the old school look on these trucks. 6” lift, 32s, and 15” bullet holes are in my trucks future.

OP, if I was in your position I would change to bullet hole wheels or something old school like that. Those would likely be cheaper than new stocks, and look better IMO. Plus you could reuse your current tires if you get 16s.
I'm sure I know what they are but what are the bullet hole wheels?!