Advice for my lift install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

McMuscle3

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey guys so as most of you dont know, I purchased a 4" drop kit off ebay. It is a Pro comp, I will post pictures when it gets here. Im looking for some advice on installing it, so if anyone has some good pictures or something that would be very helpful. THanks!

McMuscle3

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just came in today :) looks like everything is there. Il post pics soon

McMuscle3

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Is everything here? I think so? That bag has all the nuts and bolts and the t-bar bracket drop.

McMuscle3

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Come on people? lol I need someone that knows whats going on here

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not familiar with the pro comp kit, but it looks like most everything that was in my rcx kit is there, just slightly different looking. I don't see add a leafs for the back if they are needed....

West Mi Mudder

OHHHH YEAHHHHH
Reaction score
Im not help. But if you cannot figure it out, your more than welcome to ship it my way!! :rofl: good luck man

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
Come on people? lol I need someone that knows whats going on here

Hey bud,
I think I am one of the few members on this forum with a Pro Comp Suspensions lift. I have seen a few others around on here. I have the old style original 6" kit. This kit came with cali lean. it has 4inch block in the rear with a AAL. My kit has been really good to me, considering what I have done to it.

The kit in your photo is the new style, which is a good thing because the cross members are a 1 peice design not a 3 peice like mine.
It looks like you got it all. They even gave you the pitman arm bracket.
As far as install goes I know you will need a good grinder or plasma cutter to get the stock bump stops off. My truck eats up Upper contol arm bushings for lunch, so I suggest you get a pair of the energy suspension or superlift ones. My truck has been lifted since the late 90's so I think its a strong kit, I have 294,500 miles now. I did snap the rear cross member on my kit, but that is why pro comp changed the design of the kit and made it a 1 peice cross member. I have the new style crossmember now and have no problems with it at all.
Feel free to ask me questions about it.

redchevy914x4

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looking at your pictures it looks pretty complete. You can call 4wheel parts and they can give you a breakdown of exactly what the kit comes with so you can see if in fact it is complete. All I would like to add, is do not use the u-bolts and buy new ones. They aren't meant to be reused.