Adjust the ignition?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

phoenix0004

Reaction score
I have a problem ...

Hi people. I have installed a new distributors. Now, the ignition must be set. Which cable is to be laid for the ignition timing? EST? And where is that?

can you help me?

Thank you
Michael

Last edited:

SCOTTYINWV

si vis pacem, para bellum
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Inside the ********* wire loom, there should be a tan wire with a black stripe. Undo the wires connector that's in line and set the timing to 0 tdc on the #1 plug on the compression stroke.

thunderstruck

Babuinos Móviles
Reaction score
That's it. On the 95 models, it's underneath the glovebox near the blower motor.

phoenix0004

Reaction score
Cool. Thank you guys. I have small misfire. Already have new distributor, distributor cap and finger, ignition coil, spark plugs and cables.

Can the ESC module will break?

thunderstruck

Babuinos Móviles
Reaction score
Cool. Thank you guys. I have small misfire. Already have new distributor, distributor cap and finger, ignition coil, spark plugs and cables.

Can the ESC module will break?

Electronic Spark Control? Is that the same as the Ignition Control Module on the dizzy? If so, yeah, those are somewhat prone to failure.

How well is your EGR system working? That caused some misfires at off-idle on my truck years ago.