Adding shift switch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

97Kharon

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello everybody, I’m curious to know if anyone ever succeed in wiring a switch to prevent the truck from shifting out of park. I managed to install such a switch in my 2000 Tacoma shifter it worked great and provided an additional security measure wither the truck was off or on. Would anyone here has a wiring diagram for the steering wheel or anything related to achieve my goal.p

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
That circuit already exists in your brake switch. (I'm assuming your year model is a 97 based on your member name, as you didn't tell us what truck you're working on.) You must press it to shift out of park. Add your extra switch to that.. the wiring diagrams can be found in the service manuals, which can be downloaded for free, links here on the forums.

Richard

97Kharon

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
That circuit already exists in your brake switch. (I'm assuming your year model is a 97 based on your member name, as you didn't tell us what truck you're working on.) You must press it to shift out of park. Add your extra switch to that.. the wiring diagrams can be found in the service manuals, which can be downloaded for free, links here on the forums.

Richard
Thank for replying, I thought I included the information but looking back I didn’t however I am working on 97 Suburban. I’ll look into the the wiring for the brake switch today and work on a diagram.

97Kharon

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
In search of the brake switch which I found I also found this module, any insight? Factory alarm? Also if anyone has the wiring diagram for the Convenience center ?

Attachments

• IMG_0983.jpeg
    IMG_0983.jpeg
    212.2 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0986.jpeg
    IMG_0986.jpeg
    274.8 KB · Views: 7