Add another Magnaflow, or extend tail pipes over axle?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RDF1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've got a 4" exhaust with a 12" resonator in front of a 36" muffler and it's really quiet but I messed up and tried to do a turn down at the rear bumper where it's hidden.
It's noisy in the cab at idle and at certain rpms.
Planning on adding a resonator after the axle and do a regular exhaust exit like a duramax at a angle.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

brutpwr

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Full length tailpipes will mute the exhaust with their length and also eliminate the sound from getting to your sheetmetal which then reverberates the sound thru out the car. Based on the systems I've done over the years 3" pipes out the back are about the same as 2.5" mufflers without tailpipes. If you want it quieter you should try 2.5" tailpipes. If you want it non obnoxious to your neighbors when you start the car in the morning do 2.25" tailpipes. If you want just slightly more noise than factory add 2" tailpipes. My buddy did 2" tailpipes out the back on a very loud obnoxious big cammed car with out tail pipes and when he drove up I thought he had installed a different engine! Car went from hearing it a block away setting off car alarms to just above stock exhaust levels no other changes!

letitsnow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Update - I added two 20" long thrush glass packs right before the magnaflow and the sound is real nice now. Still makes a little noise, but not going to attract the attention of the cops or my wife. Now i can hear her talking again...