Ad244 beat a dead horse

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

laidbackbigun

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Okay ive been searching and im lost in the sauce. 95 tahoe with one brown wire with squarish pigtail going into a ad244 roundish plug. How do i wire it? I see no definate answers on the wiring just about mounting physically which is already done. Final stage and i dont know how to finish. Thanks guys.

Bear 77

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was covered here...

Now, the CS144 alt I had used the rectangular regulator plug, where-as the CS130 & AD244 uses the oval plug. I knew this going into it and therefore purchased the oval-style pigtail as well. Did not need to splice/solder anything as the metri-pack pins are the same, unpin old rectangular plug, pin on new oval plug. At this time I also included the voltage sensing circuit that mr98z71 mentions in his thread (HERE). I connected mine to the battery at this time, until I upgrade the crossover/feed to the fuse panel itself I'd rather not cook things. Using an '02 Escalade as my reference I looked at the wiring diagram for the alternator and found that the AD244 uses both the L and the I or F pins (seen it referenced by either letter). L is the brown wire that is the charge light indicator, I/F pin is the field engage/excite circuit. For reference, both are ECM driven on the Escalade. (great, when I do my 0411 swap I'll be sure to include them) I left the brown wire circuit alone, but I added the I/F circuit and tied it into switched power at the fuse panel. Did you need to do this? I don't know, but I did. Now, pictures...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

laidbackbigun

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Was covered here...

Now, the CS144 alt I had used the rectangular regulator plug, where-as the CS130 & AD244 uses the oval plug. I knew this going into it and therefore purchased the oval-style pigtail as well. Did not need to splice/solder anything as the metri-pack pins are the same, unpin old rectangular plug, pin on new oval plug. At this time I also included the voltage sensing circuit that mr98z71 mentions in his thread (HERE). I connected mine to the battery at this time, until I upgrade the crossover/feed to the fuse panel itself I'd rather not cook things. Using an '02 Escalade as my reference I looked at the wiring diagram for the alternator and found that the AD244 uses both the L and the I or F pins (seen it referenced by either letter). L is the brown wire that is the charge light indicator, I/F pin is the field engage/excite circuit. For reference, both are ECM driven on the Escalade. (great, when I do my 0411 swap I'll be sure to include them) I left the brown wire circuit alone, but I added the I/F circuit and tied it into switched power at the fuse panel. Did you need to do this? I don't know, but I did. Now, pictures...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I also am pre vortec which ia a different wiring

MSCustoms

Its not just a Truck
Reaction score
I cant seem to find a diagram at the moment but i have a tbi engine with the ad244 alternator. If the sense wire is terminal 1, the brown wire goes in terminal 3. If you do not put the wire there, the alternator will not charge. You can run with just the brown wire but i added the sense wire for peace of mind