95 C3500 7.4l to AD244-overcharging

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bretcopsey

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The bearings in my CS130 were going out so decided to upgrade and replace with an AD244 I had set aside for my 51 Chevy truck project a couple years ago.

The original alternator had 1 wire only going to the L terminal so I wired the AD244 the same. Upon starting it was charging at a steady 15 amps. I turned on lights with brights, heat/defrost on high and stereo all at once and charge dropped to 14.7 amps. Am I going to have to worry about damage or risk of fire?

When I grabbed the AD244 from the PNP I also grabbed the pigtails. It is a 4 pin style even though the pigtail only had 2 wires. Need to know if being on my 95 (TBI/OBD1) whether I should/can hook up the sense terminal, and how that would be accomplish if so. Thanks in advance for any advice!

Last edited:

bretcopsey

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks L31MaxExpress, I’m feeling a bit less anxious about having to take the dog to a vet appointment in the morning! I’ll probably check it again after it’s run longer before heading out, but this is a relief!