Acquiring Arteb Brazil GMT400 headlight reflectors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I just send an email <with> my address and pay then in X amount of time they show up? I know paperwork for importing, all of the taxes, shipping, and whatever else will be evolved.

What you've described is pretty close. The buyer does NOT need to do any paperwork (for import, etc.) but does need to make a single payment to Brazil to cover product cost, shipping and handling, the terms of which are identical to what has been discussed (and done) in the recent past in this very thread. Here's more detail how this will likelly go in the future...

The acquisition process will be better stated on the website as it evolves; the steps will be made more clear.

BUT for now: That email, [email protected], is monitored by Carlos, and he's also reachable here @carlos_lightsbyarteb. Interested parties should send a simple email or PM saying "I'm interested" and start a dialog, much like we've done here prior in this thread. Keep in mind: He's not a native English speaker, but through the wonders of Google's translation he's quite conversant.

I'm standing in the wings to assist, but Carlos is the point person.

Payment will be made to him via mutually agreed-upon means... I've used Wise (very good exchange rates) and PayPal (not so good exchange rates). Perhaps other methods can be arranged. Discuss them.

Right now Carlos doesn't have stock, but the exchange rate has recently improved greatly and if it improves further he'll make a "buy", e.g., 12 pairs, which yields better pricing. Why does the exchange rate matter? If the rate's high it's an unfavorable U.S. market, so there's little inclination to stock inventory.

Regardless, if someone wants a pair Carlos can ALWAYs get them a pair, i.e., buy them from the jobber and ship them to the U.S. onesy twosy. BUT, if possible Carlos will buy in volume and carry stock, so the net cost will be lower and the shipping time shorter.

This will certainly be evolving :)

Last edited:

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So ,what was the bottom line cost for a pair?

The cost per pair has varied since Dec2021, from about $300 to $325 delivered, varying due to the exchange rate. But that was then, this is now... the exchange rate is the determining factor and it's been all over the map in the last month. I will say this: Product costs (for volume purchases) and shipping costs have remained constant in Brazil so far, the dominant variable is the exchange rate... paying those costs using US$.

The way this will likely work in the future is the cost per pair will be stated in Brazil real (B$). If someone wants a pair, it's up to them to find a means of getting those funds to Brazil (see my comments in the my post just prior). As such, the exchange rate risk falls almost completely on the buyer. Why's that important? Just trust me, it is. It was a balancing act for me to get those 18 pairs here to the U.S. at a stated US$ price, and I didn't completely succeed (I had to raise it to $325 for the last handful of pairs). I never appreciated the risks of international commerce until now.

Last edited:

RedneckWithPaychecks

454/350 x (4x4)²
Reaction score
That makes everything easier, thanks. I've been thinking of getting me a pair, and now I don't have to sign my name more times than I've listened to music with drums. Not ready just yet, gonna wait until one of my lights goes out or I get in a wreck (I hope not!).

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It changes constantly due to exchange rates.... which last I knew were moving out of our favor.

You're correct, the rates were taking a dive... but in the last few days they've rebounded markedly. Unfortunately, "past performance does not guarantee future results", so who knows where they'll go.

It would be great to see exchange rates back in the >5.5:1 range, that would put the per-pair cost, delivered to a porch near you, at close to $300.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Quick follow-up: All shipments have been received as of this morning.

ALL RECIPIENTS, remember to re-orient the vent tubes during installation so they face down. I covered this in the Arteb User's thread.

Carlos oriented the vent tubes to be "close" to the reflector housing, prior to packaging. This needs to be un-done.

See

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Picked mine up this morning (because apparently USPS is incapable of knocking on your door for a signature) and what can I say? They're brand new headlights just like the pictures show. They're packaged nicely as well, everything is bubble wrapped and multiple layers of cardboard to protect them from a fair amount of ignorance. Unlike some of you, I'm stoked about the little 194 bulb. Reminds me of my cars in Japan.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DWPreston1969