Accelerating while at a stop with foot on brake.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jcauli82

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay this is crazy just started happening this evening my truck is sputtering and dying when it has low rpms while I'm driving it. Seems to be doing ok when I accelerate and get it past 30 mph.... But when im braking at a stop light or whatever , the gas pedal is moving on it's own trying to accelerate. Any ideas anybody? 98 k1500 5.7l

Sent from my BND-L24 using Tapatalk

Dover

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That’s what I was thinking. Only way for the pedal to be moving on it’s own is either the cruise control acting up or a small gremlin pushing on the throttle linkage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Could be ghosts... :lol:

I'm curious to see what this ends up being just because it's really bizarre.

big_mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So when your at a stop with your foot on the brake it tries to push thru? Does the idle fluctuate while it's doing it?

If so I am having the same issue in my tahoe but it's really sparatic when it happens, it's not a every time I drive issue. I was leaning towards a torque converter issue possibly

Jcauli82

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes it's pretty much exactly how you are describing It..... Because it hasn't happened once today.

Jcauli82

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Could be ghosts... [emoji38]

I'm curious to see what this ends up being just because it's really bizarre.
Ha yeah it is pretty bizarre .... So no clue huh? I'm not the only person that's had this bizarre thing happen apparently....

homeslice

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
before I swapped the 0411 pcm into my '96, it would have a tendency to not want to slow down when you took your foot off the accelerator, like when coming to a stop light. after swapping in the 0411 pcm, this issue has gone away.

That said, your issue could possibly be PCM related.