Truck stalls at stop signs and red lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

harpo

Reaction score
I have a 99 k3500 5.7 v8 dually and the truck runs great everything is good on it. It idles fine, drives fine, everything. Only code I have is o2 scensor on bank 1. I had the p1345 but fixed it the past weekend in hopes it would fix my issue too. It only happens when it warms up and only when I'm in drive or reverse and hold the brakes to stop. Please just need to know where to start looking to fix this annoying issue. Tired of having to put my truck in neutral at lights.

Attachments

• 20230327_130744~2.jpg
    20230327_130744~2.jpg
    248.5 KB · Views: 7

xXxPARAGONxXx

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For the simplest fix, try replacing the PCV valve.

My next guess (more money, but more likely) would be a faulty brake booster causing a vacuum leak when you apply the brakes. This is allowing unmetered air into the engine, creating a lean condition, causing the engine to stall. Coincidentally, it's occurring when you brake. It might also be the cause of your O2 sensor code.

@harpo — read my edited post.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Connect a scan tool, make sure the coolant temp sensor, MAF sensor, MAP sensor, and IAC are working properly. While you're in there, verify ALL the sensors and computer outputs.

If the O2 sensors have more than 50K--80K miles, consider them suspect and they likely need to be replaced.

Yeah, this COULD be a failed booster...but not likely especially if a tonner dually has HYDROBOOST.

harpo

Reaction score
Yeah I have a hydroboost system and my scanner tool just came in from Amazon and I am downloading dashcommand as I'm replying to this. I did however just find an exhaust leak would that cause this