AC leaking in cab.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

k_pro1992

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
my AC is dripping water onto my carpet. how can i fix this? can i just take some silicone and seal it or is there something else i should do.

Sierra

In pieces!
Reaction score
Is your drain plug stopped up or is there a hole in the bottom of the heater box?

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
On the passenger side firewall underneath the heater hoses, it's a rubber elbow, and they get stopped up all the time and then drip in the floor.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Guys I recently got my AC charged/fixed in my truck. I can't remember the last time it worked. It has to of been atleast 5 years it hasn't worked. Anyway, when I have it on full blast with the truck parked and Idling I jumped out to do something but I've been noticing after it's been running a while it's like a damn waterfall on the passenger side of my truck up near the front tire. I'm aware it's supposed to drip water but damn mine drips ALOT. I don't remember it ever being that much :think:

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
If it's letting out that much water your system is probably freezing up or at least partially, I have seen that before when the ice melt's, it's like a flood coming out.

k_pro1992

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
well my drain plug isnt stopped up but there is a crack in the heater box.

k_pro1992

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i made sure my drain plug wasnt stopped up and siliconed the holes in the heater box but its still leaking water looks like its coming from the hose that goes through the fire wall.

NAST96

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
you guys are all on the right path. The drain line would be the first thing to check. As for the dripping alot of water.. on both my 96's the pour water when running on high. I have redone the a/c system in both with new compressors accumulators, orifice tube, lines, ect ect..... I do own an HVAC company and deal with stuff like this everyday. Sweating is good and its doubtful but a possibilty that your low on freon. In my experience i have found that if your low on freon usually your compressor will shut down and it will just blow semi-cool air. The temp sensor shuts it down to prevent compressor failure. Also if it was low the odds are it would actually be dripping less... The ice that builds on the coil wont be pouring off like it would be running properly and sweating. The ice USUALLY also builds enough to plug the pan enough to hold the water and you will see it come out between where the coil box's go together. Like i said mine literally pour water and have thrown gauges on multiple times and all read right in spec. IMO dont worry about it.