AC Delco platinum plugs on TBI 350

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I know many people have ran other plugs besides AC Delco and didnt like them, I run the regular AC plugs gonna tune it up, are the AC Delco platinum plugs any good?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Vortecs get platinum plugs stock. They're ok, I guess. I don't really have anything to compare them too. If I ever get around to installing them I have some regular NGK plugs to try. They’re a lot cheaper than platinum. I've heard that NGK is who makes most/many AC Delco plugs, now.

Rusty Nail

Artificial membership inflator
Reaction score
It has been MY experience in 15 years turning wrenches for a living that a platinum plug SOMETIMES will NOT burn "hot enough" to reach it's self cleaning temperature before it fouls. This seems to be caused by internal engine "blow by", be it from the rings or valve seals, what have you.
Given zero hard facts about your vehicle, I speak only in general terms based in MY experience. Given enough time to learn of this situation and tiring of comeback misfires, not only did I refine my spark plug installation to PERFECTION, but I quit going back with platinum plugs, opting for a normal resistor plug. IN THEORY, lifespan of a resistor plug will suffer, but I have yet to see it. There simply isn't enough life left in most engines by the time they need their platinum plugs changed for that to occur.
I run the AC Delco R45TS and call it good, regardless of vehicle mileage or what the parts guy tries to sell me. Platinum plugs are a ruse. The old "bait and switch, IMO.
Need I mention that you will save 5 bucks PER PLUG?

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks for the input guys went with the regular AC Delco plugs, ran fine with 4 years with those why switch and pay more

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

chevyc10lover

Reaction score
i have used bosch 4+ on a vortec 4.8, and on my wifes odissey and have got good performance and mileage.
i plan to put them in my 1999 vortec 5.7 hope it works fine..

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
my friend swears by platinums and i dont run anything but basic delcos, platinums never liked me ngks im indifferent about but i almost always stick to those 2. now if you want a plug for your mower e3 diamond fire, not even joking

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
I run autolite xp iridium's they have been great for over 15k now. My idle is the smoothest I have ever had it and gas mileage is good for a big lifted .

reno124

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I got the delco rapid fires when I put the crate motor in no complaints so far

98_k1500

strange noises are normal
Reaction score
TBI engines do tend to like the rapid fire plugs. And they are part #1. Easy enough to remember lol